PhD student and assistant teacher in Communication and Information Technologies at Pompeu Fabra University, with an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and a masters in Brain and Cognition from Pompeu Fabra University.
Currently, my interest is focused on the following:
- Ongoing brain oscillations and its relation to behaviour during cognitive functions, such as attention and perception.
- Boosting the effectiveness of cognitive functions in the brain by means of real-time EEG-based Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) settings.
- Real-time connectivity between brain areas during cognitive functions to better understand the communication between brain areas at the cortical level.
Lastly, I’m prone to use open-science frameworks for a better approach to the scientific process and to entail a systemic change to the way science and research are done.
Links of interest:
- Twitter – /irenevigueguix
- LinkedIN – /irenevigueguix
- Research Gate – /Irene_Vigue_Guix
- GitHub – /viguix
- Piirus: /user/7699