PhD student and assistant teacher in Communication and Information Technologies at Pompeu Fabra University, with an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and a masters in Brain and Cognition from Pompeu Fabra University.
Currently, my interest is focused on the following:
- Studying the relationship between ongoing neural oscillations (e.g., α-oscillations) with fluctuations in behavioural performance (e.g., reaction time) in attentional and visual perceptual tasks.
- Using EEG-based BCI settings for hypothesis-testing with a priori set methods (ideally trough registered reports) in the cognitive neuroscience field as a test-bench for brain-behavioural theories.
- Exploring the feasibility of EEG-based BCI applications based on theories coming from the cognitive neuroscience field.
- Providing a proof-of-concept for harnessing on the phase and power of ongoing α-oscillations recorded non-invasively with EEG for real-time BCI, and to garner support for the role of such occipito-parietal α-oscillations in visual perception.
Lastly, I’m prone to use open-science frameworks for a better approach to the scientific process and to entail a systemic change to the way science and research are done.
Info and links of interest:
- Email – email@example.com
- Twitter – /irenevigueguix
- LinkedIN – /irenevigueguix
- ORCID – /0000-0002-3119-4552
- Research Gate – /Irene_Vigue_Guix
- GitHub – /viguix